Welcome to the Siler Family Blog

A discussion of the lastest happenings with the Silers, but also a place to exchange memories, stories, pictures, recipes, and other sorts of Southwest Virginia propoganda!

Monday, September 24, 2007

wedding picture

Mary Catherine,
The family members you need to talk to are Darlene, Bruce and Phyllis. They know all this stuff. Every now and then one of them will come out with something I have never heard before, like this pic. I think mama was introduced to daddy by aunt Margie. She and mama worked at the shoe factory together in Lynchburg. Daddy was in the navy. Did you know he rode his motorcycle from Hampton Roads to see mama? Someone ( I think it is Phyllis ) has a pic. of daddy on his motorcycle. It was an Indian 500. John always he wish he had that thing now. I think mama and daddy got married in the mid 1920's.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Momma

I see you are blogging by yourself now. Good job!

Pat (Anderson) Siler said...

Mary Catherine, Aunt Margie was Uncle Bob's wife. Uncle Bob is in the driver's seat of the car. Uncle Bob was in World War I as a motorcycle courier. This family definitely has some interesting history.