Welcome to the Siler Family Blog

A discussion of the lastest happenings with the Silers, but also a place to exchange memories, stories, pictures, recipes, and other sorts of Southwest Virginia propoganda!

Friday, September 21, 2007

Keep Tweaking!

Chris, keep on tweaking the blog. It looks better every time I sign in.

I know a lot of you got invitations from Chris to join the blog. C'mon and join. If you aren't sure how, Chris will help. What's everyone up to?

We spent the last two weeks in August in Massachusetts and Vermont. We spent a lot of time with Mary Catherine and my mother, and also saw a lot of our friends and some of Billy's former co-workers. We had a family get-together (about 30 people) at a restaurant. It was really good to see everyone and we took lots of pictures. We ate LOTS of fresh seafood, the only thing we miss since we left the Massachusetts coast. We spent the last few days in Vermont with my cousin Beth and her husband Tom. Tom works for Entergy Corp. at the Vermont Yankee Nuclear Power Plant. Pilgrim Station (the nuclear plant Bill worked at) is owned by the same company so they had a lot to talk about.

We're looking forward to the "brother sister" reunion next month at Mary Ruth's.

We're also looking forward to a trip to Gatlinburg in January or February, where we'll meet up with friends from Alabama and Georgia.

I know Mary Catherine won't brag on herself, but she was recently promoted to Assistant Branch Manager at Sovereign Bank in Pocasset MA (Cape Cod). We're really proud of her! We wish she lived closer to us, but knowing she's doing well and is happy is all that matters.

If Jim (Jimmy) joins the blog, I'm sure he'll include his website. It's pretty cool.

Linda's leaving on vacation Sunday, but I'm sure she'll join the blog when she gets back.

Even Billy joined! For someone who resisted learning to use the computer for years, he's getting pretty good.

So lets hear from all the rest of the Silers!

4 comments:

Chris said...

Wow Pat!

Sounds like you all have been, and will be quite busy! Hope you have a fun and safe journey. I know my mom (Sara) is looking forward to the big shindig in Williamsburg next month.

Chris

Pat (Anderson) Siler said...

When's your mom going to join the blog???????

Yes, we're always busy. If anyone tells you retirement means sitting in a rocking chair on your front porch sipping mint juleps --- they're lying!

Seriously, we love keeping busy. We run a Navy Reunion group (USS Henry W. Tucker), which is like a full-time job. I'm the webmaster for the website, we write the newsletters, sell baseball caps, and oversee reunions. The reward is getting to see our old friends again after so many years, and meeting new ones.

Chris said...

Pat,

My mom has dial-up internet. Not only that but her time is limited to so many hours per month. But you never know, she may blog a little.

sara said...

Everyone
Basically I can only post comments Mon-Fri when I am at work at the Goldsteins. I don't have much time on my computer. I only have 10 or so hours on mine a month at home. So I will be here next week.