Welcome to the Siler Family Blog

A discussion of the lastest happenings with the Silers, but also a place to exchange memories, stories, pictures, recipes, and other sorts of Southwest Virginia propoganda!

Monday, October 8, 2007

where is everyone?

So where did all the bloggers go? Everyone started out like gangbusters now -----pluffffff.
I went to Rahel Goldstein's bat mitzvah this past weekend. It was very unusual for this old gentile. I have been taking her to Hebrew School for 4 years now. Wow she did so good. It was a 2 hour thing on Sat. morning. She read from the Torah for 1 hour solid. All of her New Jersey jewish family was here and all of her gentile family was here from Maryland, plus all their friends from Roanoke, Salem, Vinton. Ther were about 200 people there. Saturday night it was Hotel Roanoke and boy it was fancy!!!! I had to have fancy dress and all. The food was absolutely fabulous that is for sure.

Come on bloggers let's see some action

3 comments:

Pat (Anderson) Siler said...

That sounds like our granddaughter Shain's Bat Mitzvah. There were so many non-Jews there that the Rabbi and Cantor took pains to describe everything in detail. Very impressive. Her party was like a wedding reception.

sara said...

Pat,
You are right about that and yes, the rabbi had to "interpert" what everything was for all us gentiles. I can't wait to see the wedding reception one of these days. It was a great time that is for sure.

sara said...

Did I spell interpert corerectly? see old age is a killer. I used to be a great speller. forgive me I am 60