Welcome to the Siler Family Blog

A discussion of the lastest happenings with the Silers, but also a place to exchange memories, stories, pictures, recipes, and other sorts of Southwest Virginia propoganda!

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Happy Birthday Sara!

Happy Birthday to my mom Sara Griffith! She is turning the big 6-0, (In case you didn't know). Although she may tell the world's corniest jokes, she's still a great mom and we love her very much!

Here are some important things that happened in October of 1947, the year she was born.

October 14 - American test pilot Captain Chuck Yeager flies a Bell X-1 faster than the speed of sound, the first man to do so in level flight.
October 20 - The Indo-Pakistani War of 1947 begins.
October 30 - The General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT), which is the foundation of the World Trade Organization (WTO) is founded. (from Wikipedia)

7 comments:

sara said...

Chris,
The father of all corny jokes is......POP CORN! I do not tell corny jokes. Having a great birthday. Seems like I was 59 only yesterday! My, how time does fly.

Bonnie said...

Hey Sara,
Happy Birthday to you...sure hope you have a wonderful birthday. I can hardly believe that you will be 60..but I will be 55 my next birthday. Time sure does go by fast. Again, enjoy your special day.

Pat (Anderson) Siler said...

Chris, you should have put up a picture of the REAL cake LOL!!!!

Pat (Anderson) Siler said...

By the way, Billy will be 65 Nov. 3!!!!!!!!! He already got his Medicare card.

sara said...

GREAT GOOBLEY GOO! BILLY IS GOING TO BE 65. THERE GOES MY TAX DOLLARS!

sara said...

anyone interested in my REAL cake, you should have seen it. it was a cat litter box cake. Julie made it for me. looked just like a cat pan with litter--dirty litter. she even partially melted tootsie rollsand sort of stretched them out in it. I am sure John did that. it looked just like the real thing. she even served it with a (new of course) real pooper scooper. it was a hoot!!! it was a surprise at Chris's house and I really was surprised. just think, in 60 more years I will be 120.

Chris said...

I will upload a picture of the real cake soon! (poop and all)